We are looking for two mechanical design engineers to join our team and help us design our next products.
The job will be varied, as you would expect from a start-up – from developing concepts and prototyping hardware (e.g. for a new robot arm layout or end-effector), to design-for-manufacture of whole-machine subsystems. One thing is for sure – you will see your ideas turn into reality at scale.
What you’ll do:
- Designing, building and testing prototypes with lead engineers
- Generating manufacturing drawings, BOMs, and other documentation
- Working with suppliers and manufacturing team to define SOPs, build documentation and appropriate quality control processes
- Contribute to FMEAs
- Drawing control
What we’re looking for:
- 2-10yrs experience of machinery design, ideally for medium volume production (50-500 units)
- Completer-finisher approach to design
- Proficiency in Inventor or Solidworks required (will be using Autodesk Inventor)
- Ability to get stuck in with the team but also solve problems independently
- GD&T, tolerance analysis & structural FEA would be beneficial
- HND or degree qualified