Would you like to be part of building a brand new industry? We are looking for a talented Manufacturing Engineer (ME) to help drive the R&D efforts of our rapidly growing technology business.
Overview of the role
The ME will ensure that our internal manufacturing processes and those of our suppliers produce high quality robots and ancillary equipment.
The ME will also ensure that manufacturing is conducted repeatably using lean Standardised Work principles, with an emphasis on safe, quality and productive work.
The ME will develop and operate processes for the assembly and testing of subsystems and fully working robots and other ancillary equipment.
The ME will work with R&D to influence the simplicity of manufacture of our robots and translate designs into well designed work that achieves its design intent.
Where required, the ME will work with field operations, R&D, suppliers and outsource partners to resolve quality problems and improve their processes to meet quality and delivery requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and participate in our manufacturing activities to understand the robot and its testing.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the manufacture of existing and new released designs.
- Ensure SOPs get adopted as the current best way of performing our work via our skills matrix.
- Drive New Product Introduction and manage change through our Engineering Change (ECN) process.
- Design and develop tools and equipment in support of our lean manufacturing methods.
- Attention to detail, and able to identify which further requisite detail.
- Disciplined, thrives in cadenced environments, has a sense of urgency.
- Sets and works towards sensible milestones.
- Likes simple solutions.
- Follows the scientific method and is data driven in problem solving.
- Able to draw the correct balance between following process and knowing when to intervene/escalate problems.
- Personable, emotionally intelligent, confident talking to suppliers, multidisciplinary design authorities (hardware, electronics, software).
- Adaptable to evolving priorities.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your C.V. and covering letter to email@example.com